Wednesday 24 April 2013

With this mornings ringing out due to fog and very fine drizzle I met Paul at 10-30 at the land fill site
at Chout to try for Gulls with no success I went up Jerbourg at about 3 o clock this afternoon and opened up 4 nets with not a lot around I closed up at 5pm only catching 7 birds whitch were 5 chiffchaff and 2 willow warblers this evening Iwent to the Claire Mare with a lot of Swallows around
I opened up 2 nets and tryed for Swallows I managed to trap and ring 31 Swallows and 1 re-trap reed warbler  and 1 Sand martin .just before dusk there was about 1500 Swallows looking to roost in the reed bed at that time I closed the nets due to I had no head torch with me to be able to extract the Swallows from the nets hope to go back tomorrow evening to try again

No comments:

Post a Comment