Sunday 28 April 2013

With todays winds light I went to Jerbourg at about 6 am this morning and opened up 4 nets
there was not a lot happening up at Jerbourg with only 4 Willow warblers and 2 Whitethroat
trapped and rung I closed up at  about  9-30 at about 1-30 I met up with Paul and Catherine
At Lihou headland we went across to Lihou island  and then to Lihoumel to see how the
Cormorant colony there was doing there was about 15 active nests with mainly all small birds or eggs
we only managed to ring 6 pullis we will have to go back in about 10 days or so on the next spring tide
I went to the Claire mare this evening and opened up 2 nets there was not much doing there
by I had my first Sedge warbler of the year the only other birds were 2  Black birds
and a re-trap Reed warbler hoping to go to Alderney this coming week to do some ringing there
and to hopefully go to little Burhou to do the Cormorant colony there
pictures of  todays birds





No comments:

Post a Comment